Mar 15, 2010

How time flies

I was at work yesterday (as "usually", on Sundays). It seemed that M is going to be sick and I've been usually working when he's in kindergarten. I was there for 8,5 hours:S

At first 2 homeworks from doctoral students, analyzed by 2 more doctoral students - waiting for my comments and grades. Commenting the homeworks of students of that level took some time as their mistakes are not so easy to notice. But when I repeated the queries just as they had done plenty of things that could have been done much better and much easier started to reveal. It took couple of hours, though - to go all those steps through, check the reliability of the answers written by these other students, writing a nice comment of the tutor etc.

Then I had to write 2 home assignments myself. Applying Web2.0 in IL instruction (see for reference in my previous post) was the article I tried to review. The discussion and a comment on personal experiences was also needed. Probably took 2 hours? Or 3 hours?

As a second task I was upgrading the learning outcomes part and grading system of a course plan (I already had created in e-learning course). It took also couple of hours or even more.

So. I was working intensively, taking a 20-minutes break for lunch and making myself several mugs of tea. I really enjoyed what I was doing so the lack of inspiration or willingness was not an issue. So I really don't understand where did all that time fly so fast?!

No comments: