Oct 29, 2009

Gaming in Facebook. Finding out about stakeholders

I spent some time during almost a week in Facebook, playing YoVille, CafeWorld & FarmVille. This evening I banned those applications for my account. I had received my experience in gaming in FB and it was sufficient for me.

  1. I have someone IRL. This is actually really plenty of "someone".
  2. There is so much to do IRL.
  3. The structure of those games was pretty similar and simple: recruit neighbors/friends, earn coins, spend coins. No need for logical or strategical thinking. I like strategy games much more even if I lose;)
  4. Another reason I love strategy (and all other "old-fashioned") games is that I can install and load the game whenever I want to. I don't have to be there after the crops are ready and are going to wither.
  5. Last Thursday when I accepted those applications I had lots of stress. After couple of days of gaming in FB I felt some kind of relief. Then I found my "way" again. I was in the middle of lack of time and had to find the priorities (not only understand but deeply accept these priorities). So actually gaming had sort of therapeutic impact. But I really don't want to spend most of my spare time (or even snap some working time!!) on gaming in FB.
  6. So I felt a bit like that "fly-guy" in Star Wars: your mind tricks aren't working on me, FB;)

This afternoon I had a serious discussion on organization culture with a colleague. So I have a huge challenge ahead - to research stakeholders in a tricky environment. It is like some things haven't changed for 20 years. Sometimes it is even a bit funny but at the moment I'm close to tears. I guess that some methods in particular context that work perhaps in Belgium or GB or Sweden do not work in post-soviet country like Estonia. 18 years is too short time to get rid of some sort of "heritage".

No comments: