Oct 6, 2008

Hakia. Google Chrome

Perhaps you´ve already noticed, there´s a brand new search engine, hakia (beta). When I first heard about it I thought it was developed by our Northern neigbours (as "haku" means "search" in Finnish). It claims to provide quality search results and a semantic search engine.

I cannot value the effectiveness of hakia, yet. It takes some time to compare daily search results with Google, for instance. But I just checked my hakia and I quite like it:) First, you can erase all irrelevant headlines (concerning US) and replace those with relevant ones (like Europe or Internet). The weather forecast works fine. When I replaced NY with Estonia, it automatically delivered me forecast for Tartu. Cartoons and Youtube are fine though I don´t have time for cartoons nor top favourites videos. I didn´t quite realize what was Alexa Traffic Chart good for, but I hope I can find it out in a time being.

Oh, and there´s a librarians corner in h-club. You see, librarians are encouraged to recommend sites for credible sites category. I think it is incredible:) There´s even some treat for recommenders. 

Google Chrome. I like its minimalism:)

No comments: